I saw this story in Metro.uk and felt it would be of great help to real lovers
A Valentine’s Day card is the bare minimum many of us are expected to get for our partners every year.
Once we’ve carefully selected a card – or dashed to the petrol station at the last minute to grab whatever is left – the only thing question that remains is: what do we write inside it?
You can get a free Subway meal tomorrow and here’s how
This can often be a source of great stress. It is not enough to just write ‘Love Bob/Fred/whatever your name is’ – you have to make the card special, Romantic and Memorable.
Worry not, for there are plenty of messages you can put in your card that will make your partner smile.
Here are 22 romantic quotes and messages for you to use this Valentine’s Day.
What to write in a Valentine’s Day card: 22 romantic quotes and messages
What is love? (Photo by Valerie Macon/Getty Images)
1. I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, then all at once – John Green
2. Above all things, I believe in love – Moulin Rouge
3. I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life – The Notebook
4. When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew – William Shakespeare
5. You and I are meant to be together.
6. Love is like the wind. You can’t see it, but you can feel it – A Walk To Remember
7. Because of you, I can feel myself slowly but surely becoming the me I have always dreamed of being – Tyler Knott Gregson
8. You be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground. I’ll be the wings that keep your heart in the clouds – Mayday Parade
9. You should be kissed, and often, by someone who knows how –Gone with the Wind
Colin Firth played the iconic role of Mr Darcy in Pride and Prejudice
10. You have bewitched me, body and soul – Mr. Darcy, Pride & Prejudice
11. Your lips are like wine, and I want to get drunk – William Shakespeare
12. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other – Audrey Hepburn
13. Yours are the sweetest eyes I’ve ever seen – Sir Elton John
14. I belong with you and you belong with me—you’re my sweetheart – The Lumineers
15. You are a work of art – Morrissey
16. Love me tender; love me sweet. Never let me go – Elvis
17. I love you more than I could ever promise because you take me the way I am – Ingrid Michaelson
18. Your love is better than chocolate. Better than anything else that I’ve tried – Sarah McLachlan
19. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you – Pride and Prejudice
Ewan McGregor got to work with Baz Lurrman a few years later in Moulin Rouge! (Picture: Twentieth Century Fox)
Ewan McGregor and Baz Lurrman in Moulin Rouge (Picture: Twentieth Century Fox)
20. Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love! – Moulin Rouge
21. The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love – Margaret Atwood
22. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you – A. A. Milne