Right from the creation of Nigeria, there have been cries from all angles of the corrupt activities of our leaders. Both those in power and those who are past.
The loot of these past and corrupt leaders are some of the reasons we are still plunged into unending hardship. The scarcity of cash cannot be disconnected from their actions.
Below are the most corrupt Nigerians in the history of Nigerians:
1. Olusegun Obasanjo : He stole $25 billion from 1999 to 2007. He is a Yoruba and is from Abeokuta.
2. Ibrahim Babangida : He stole $15 billion from 1985 to 1993. He is a Fulani and is from Niger State.
3. Abdusalam Abubakar: He stole $9 billion from 1998 to 1999. He is from Niger State.
4. Sani Abacha : He was a former military head of state. During his regime he was able to steal $7 billion from 1993 to 1998. He is from Kano State.
5. Ahmed Bola Tinubu: A former Lagos State Governor he plunged the state into $1 billion debt and stole $6 billion from Lagos state treasury.
6. TY Danjuma: He fraudulently got rich through oil blocks from Niger Delta that was worth $20 million. The oil blocks as of today is worth billions of dollars. He is from Taraba state.
7. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi: He was ex CBN governor from 2008 to 2014. In his capacity, he stole $1.2 billion and is from Kano State.
8. Bukola Saraki: A former governor of Kwara state from 2003 to 2011. He, with the help of his father stole $1.1 billion . He is from Kwara state.
9. Nasir El’ Rufai: He got his fraudulent through seized lands in Lagos state. He resoled the lands and made away with $1 billion from 2003 to 2007. He is from Katsina state.
10. Tunde Fashola: Fashola who is known as Tinubu’s poster boy. He stole $900 million from 2007 to 2015