The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released 4,536 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results which were earlier withheld for allegations of multiple infractions.
StateReporter News reports that over 1.8million candidates had sat for the unified examination between April 11 and April 18, but only 1,792,000 results were released on May 11.
On Friday, May 31, however, the examination body said it had cleared 4,536 out of 4,760 withheld results.
JAMB said the release followed the decision of a committee set up to examine the multiple facial identities.
The board said that the facial match recognition was carried out by its specialised software and Information Technology experts.
In a statement made available to StateReporters by JAMB’s Head of Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, he added that the Nigerian Navy Secondary School centre, Abeokuta, Ogun State, had been suspended for “acts not acceptable by the board.”
“Following the consideration of the committee on the 4,760 candidates whose results were withheld due to multiple facial matches with different names, the board has released the results of 4,536 absolved of complication.
“The board also released the results of 231 candidates who sat for the examination at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta, Ogun State. However, the centre has been suspended for acts not acceptable by the board. Out of the number subjected for screening, the board will subject the results of 127 candidates for further physical examination while the results of 97 candidates established to have involved in infractions are withheld.
“Those to be subjected to further physical examination will be contacted. They must appear before an inspection team to clarify other likely areas of multiplicity. The 127 have been grouped in zones for convenience and easy accessibility.”